With less than two weeks to my due date, I wanted to make sure my hospital bag was mostly packed and ready to go. The doctor said it could pretty much happen at any time now! I’m someone who likes to be prepared and organized in advance for trips, events, etc. So what will probably be the biggest event of my life is no exception. Of course I wanted to write a post so that all my currently pregnant mamas and ladies out there trying to conceive can use this as checklist when their time comes. So here goes!
- I’ve packed everything in a nice sized coated canvas bag I got a while ago on sale (similar here). If you’re looking for something a little more sturdy and large, I love this leather duffle. I had my eye on this gorgeous number, but think I’ll save the $$ for my hospital stay with baby #2 :D.
- With some birthday money, I treated myself to a monogrammed set of travel cases that I absolutely love (and would make the best holiday gift!). My mom also got me a beautiful toiletries case for Christmas. These cases will hold all my toiletries, beauty products and hair accessories. I’m going to bring my everyday makeup essentials, travel sized skincare and haircare products like facial spray, deodorant and dry shampoo, my favorite tortoise shell hair clip, and a couple of cute scrunchies.
Would make a really great gift for any ladies on your list!
- I’ve packed two pairs of comfy pajamas: one maternity set with robe (similar here) and this delicate top and bottom. Both are loose and soft which will be perfect postpartum. Also packing my favorite slippers and a comfy pair of socks.
- I plan on breastfeeding, so I’ve packed the prettiest nursing bra (review to come!) from Lively and two of my favorite bralettes. SPECIAL OFFER: Use the code AMB-katemundo for $10 off your first Lively bra on www.wearlively.com!
Super comfortable and made of the softest lace.
- For my going home outfit, I’m just going to pack some leggings, a tunic tee and a cozy cardigan. Will definitely be wearing my favorite sneakers for added comfort.
- I will also be packing some random essentials like phone chargers, my camera and lens, healthy snacks, hand sanitizer, and a reusable water bottle. Also ordered this manual breast pump to try out since I heard really great things from other mamas.
Have been using these bottles for years, and they come in such fun colors!